Hey there,
my name is Daniel and I would like to contribute to Apache StreamPipes project.
Therefore I recently joined this dev mailing list.

About me
I study Information Engineering and Management in the Master's program - with
focus on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence - at Karlsruhe Institute
of Technologie (KIT). Additionally, I work as a student assistant at the FZI in
Karlsruhe in order to gain some practical experience in research. There I got
in contact with StreamPipes and became interested in the project. In the course
of my studies I already gathered much experience in the Machine Learning and
Data Science domain.

What are my current ideas for Apache StreamPipes?
Specifically, I would like to develop a labeling feature for Apache StreamPipes
that allows users to label time series data easily and intuitively (like the
image labeling tool of Johannes [1]). My idea is to extend the line chart of
the data explorer in such a way that one or more labels can be added by simply
marking the data points of interest. The visualization of the data is thereby
used as a basis for the labeling, and the labelled data can be afterwards
illustrated with colored overlays, too. The long-term goal is to ensure that
the data labelled in this way can be used as a starting point for machine
learning procedures.

I will be very happy to hear about your suggestions about my plans. Thanks in
advance.

Best regards,
Daniel Ebi

[1]