TL;DR I'm planning to commit a Juneau version bump that may make some kinda
broken stuff more broken, but it doesn't matter because those modules will
only matter to the project again after being refactored for AS2 anyway.
But let's do a minor version release before this refactor merges.

---

Given the hypothesis of Juneau as a core SDK for these new
modules/features, this weekend I went through version bumping from juneau
7.2.1 to 9.0.0.  This touches quite a lot of code, mostly in contrib
modules, that would require live credentials to test for side-effects.
OTOH these modules are clients into APIs that have likely evolved and have
been years without updates, and some of them (twitter for example) have
deprecated the v1 API streams-provider-twitter uses.

I think it's reasonable to assume at this juncture to assume that
streams-contrib modules features shouldn't be expected to work
out-of-the-box anyway, so if there wind up being breaks that occur as
side-effects of framework upgrades undertaken to support the ActivityPub
server initiative, that's OK.

Not to suggest that the provider/persist/processor modules are without
value.  On the contrary I think once we have the new core AS2 data graph
supporting ActivityPub APIs in place, it will be incredibly useful to
resurrect these modules as supporting libraries that append additional
Profiles, Posts, and augment metadata about them into user and system feeds
by way of the AS2 data graph.

We are way overdue for a release just on the basis of dependency
vulnerabilities and prior board reports, so this is probably the right
moment to go ahead and do that before we get deep into upgrades like this
and adding new features.  If anyone wants to help me work through the due
diligence and mechanics of the release, please LMK.