Hello,

I’m working on the streams jenkins setup to increase our CI coverage and
support more types of testing.

What’s changed code wise to precipitate changes?

- streams-master and streams-examples are now release artifacts and need CI
- some providers now contain integration tests that collect data live, but
require working api credentials to do so
- some persisters (and all examples) now contain integration tests that launch
supporting services with docker
- streams-project now contains modules that build maven plugins, and has
testing that relies on those plugins

What’s changing?

- integration testing (mvn verify) is being isolated from standard build (mvn
install)
- integration testing steps will be configured to launch docker containers and
use test credentials to run the live data tests
- snapshots and site snapshots will publish as separate steps, contingent on
stability of standard builds

Attached a diagram of the new build flow, which will be including on the
continuous integration page of the website.

Dashed line: checkout
Dotted line: jenkins upstream/downstream relationships
Solid line: deployment of artifacts

Hint: you can click each node in the SVG to jump to a relevant URL.

I’m working on setting this up and hope to have everything fully working before
the 0.4 release.  In the meantime you may see build failures as jobs and test
plans are being refactored in STREAMS-429 branches.

Steve