I've just got round to testing Struts 1.2.2 and found the following major
problems:

* The binary distribution contains the wrong version of commons validator
jar (the lib distribution seems to have the right one).
* Struts 1.2.2 is incompatible with JDK 1.3 because it uses
Boolean.valueOf(boolean) introduced in JDK 1.4

Also this distribution has been built/packaged differently to previous
releases and IMO we should be doing things consistently:

* The binary distribution zip file explodes to jakarta-struts-1.2.2/dist/
directory rather than just jakarta-struts-1.2.2/
* The source distribution zip file explodes to jakarta-struts directory
rather than jakarta-struts-1.2.2-src
* The source distribution contains all the CVS directories and files

James has just fixed the JDK 1.3 incompatibilities in CVS but I would say we
need to downgrade the 1.2.2 version from a GA quality release and cut a new
one.

Niall