Thanks for the information, Peter.  A couple of comments within.  To
think ahead to the next couple of submissions, I know about Halloway,
and based most of what I have done so far on his thinking.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:04:58 -0000, Pilgrim, Peter
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hence WebLogic etc have Admin Server and Managed Server to
> handle application and web container requirements, but
> it would be harder to further divide this macro architecture
> into more finer architecture and also have good ease-of-development
> & deployment.

Seems to me like it would be worth while if we are talking about a
basic web architecture.  I am going to pursue this a bit.  Thanks for
these references.  I take it you have worked extensively with
WebLogic's servers (Admin and Managed)?

Jack