Please ask this question on the struts-user mailing list. The struts-dev list is for the development of Struts itself.

http://struts.apache.org/mail.html

Thanks,
Dave

Ritvars Rundza-ns wrote:
Hi!

I am wondering is this Struts2 ( *2.1.6* ) fw bug, or am i just misunderstanding something :). I created action mapping witch maps to an action and passes two args to it from base url (not param part), like this:

        <action name="person-*-*" class="example.Person">
            <param name="cmd">{1}</param>
            <param name="id">{2}</param>
<result>/example/abc.jsp</result>
        </action>

Then i created action, which justs do nothing :), but print something when setter are called:

    public void setCmd(String cmd) {
        System.out.println( "set:cmd" );
        this.cmd = cmd;
    }
    public String getId() {
        return id;
    }
    public void setId(String id) {
        System.out.println( "set:id" );
        this.id <http://this.id> = id;
    }
    public String getDum() {
        return dum;
    }
    public void setDum(String dum) {
        System.out.println( "set:dum" );
        this.dum = dum;
    }

Requesting URL http://localhost:8080/struts_2_test/example/person-view-2?dum=3 gives:
set:cmd
set:id
set:cmd
set:dum
set:id

I know that setter is just setter, but this thing really annoys me :). Any thoughts? Thanks!