Hi,

the weaver website is talking a lot about maven and ant integration, but
wouldn't struts need it at runtime?

If weaver could scan classpath whether asm/javassist/cglib are present and
use what it finds it would be great, but I'm not sure if this is the case.

reflections looks good at first sight. It has a dependency on javassist,
would that be an improvement? It is licensed under WTFPL, what does ASF
say about that?

Regards,
Christoph

> From: Lukasz Lenart <lukaszlen...@apache.org>
> To: Struts Developers List <dev@struts.apache.org>,
> Date: 17.10.2016 09:28
> Subject: Re: Apache Commons Weaver
>
> The case is that we use ASM just to scan for classes, no bytecode
> manipulation or other fancy things... and ASM gives a lot of conflicts
> as almost every app server is using it.
>
> We can also use https://github.com/ronmamo/reflections
>

> Regards
> --
> Łukasz
> + 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

> > Does Weaver explicitly mean you don't need to use the others? I'm
wondering
> > about the meaning of this line:
> >
> >> A: Rather than being an alternative to these technologies, Commons
Weaver