> Hi there,
>
> This is a 2016 trend of Web Framework Usages from [1].
> java-web-frameworks-usage-trends
>
> I would like to know if we need an analysis of why S2 is number 4 in
> ranking? If so, then we can plan for enhancements and new features to
> achieve better place in ranking, right? What's your idea please?

>From my point of view, Spring MVC is mostly used to create a JSON API
to be used with Single Page Apps, i.e. Angular - the most (over?)used
approach to create web apps these days. If you want to use Struts to
do the same you are getting a lot of overhead (support for JSPs,
Freemarker, EL, etc) bundled into a one jar.

Also Struts still isn't so well structured as Spring (but I'm working
hard on that ;-) and isn't supported by a company that makes money on
it ;-)

Anyway, I don't think we can compete with Spring, we should focus on
what should be done and fixed - that's all. I'm also curious how hard
is to migrate between each major release of Spring?

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/