On 4/26/2018 12:45 PM, Yasser Zamani wrote:

> On 4/26/2018 12:30 PM, Lukasz Lenart wrote:
>>> So now I'm confused how this is possible. As I mentioned I checked out
>>> STRUTS_2_3_24 which has been released about 3 years ago which means we
>>> was able to have a successful build with JDK6 from it. But now it fails
>>> in exactly same environment (same jdk, same source codes)! I see, now,
>>> it uses maven-jetty-pluto-embeded for servlet in tests, i.e. like 3
>>> years ago, then it shouldn't make sense changing servlet api.
>>>
>>> So as everything is same I expect there may something in command line
>>> options or Jenkins config which made us able to build 2.3.24. wdyt?
>>
>> It works for me, I meant the portlet test passes when using 2.3.24 tag
>> (JFreeChart is failing but I assume it has something to do with
>> libjpg)
>
> Ach... you're right! I see currently Jenkins also is able to pass it
> with latest 2.3.x [1]. So I think fixing current Jenkins JFreeChart
> failing means we can continue back with 2.3.x and JDK6 :)

According to [1] then [2], it seems JFreeChartTest fails on OpenJDK
because "OpenJDK does not have a native JPEG encoder". However, I'm not
sure. Could you please test if same fail occurs with another JDK? I
wasn't able to do myself as I don't have access to ASF Jenkins Jobs.

Thanks in advance!

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/S-Z/view/Struts/job/Struts-2-3-JDK6/4/console
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/a/3432532/1362623