I found Spring officially says:

"The Spring Framework no longer supports: Portlet, Velocity,
JasperReports, XMLBeans, JDO, Guava (replaced by the Caffeine support).
If those are critical to your project, you should stay on Spring
Framework 4.3.x (supported until 2020). Alternatively, you may create
custom adapter classes in your own project (possibly derived from Spring
Framework 4.x)." [1]

So we at Struts may also deprecate Portlet or we may create custom
adapter classes (possibly derived from Spring Framework 4.x) in junit or
portlet plugin.

Could you please register an issue including your test code and the
class not found exception's full stack trace at [2]?

Thanks for your report!

[1]
https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-framework/wiki/Upgrading-to-Spring-Framework-5.x
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/WW/summary