czw., 27 gru 2018 o 20:30 Yasser Zamani <yasserzam...@apache.org> napisał(a):
> However, @dev please advice if you have an idea or a working web integration
> tests coverage reporting. (At my side, gathering integration tests coverage
> using current available tools had different levels of hardship. According to
> my numerous probes in internet my PR [2] finally should work but I'm baffled
> why it reports 0% coverage on classes that jetty covers. The first phase is
> the showcase classes itself. The second phase is recording e.g. when we have
> an integration test in showcase which uses e.g. a class from DWR plugin
> module. I think it needs to add dependencies not as jar but as classes but
> this idea is thoroughly absurd according to maven mutli-module architecture
> and philosophy.)

I don't think if this will work. IT tests are operating on a client
side without connection to classes underneath. There is no direct
connection between an integration test and classes under test. To have
such link you would have to run test by test and start and stop the
env on each start and stop of the test.

This doesn't pay enough and coverage is not so important to implement
such a complicated logic. Having IT tests run on each build is a huge
advantage IMO :)

Having that say, I would focus on running IT tests for each build and
ignore coverage for them.

Regards
--
Łukasz