On 10/18/2016 02:02 PM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 01:42:40PM -0700, Alexey Neyman wrote:
I just found what made it consider this directory different: it had build
artifacts (*.o, *.d, etc) in that directory - once I ran 'make clean' prior
to merge, the merge proceeded smoothly. Does the client consider unversioned
files when comparing the directories?
I could reproduce this with unversioned artifacts in the directory and
without. It seems accepting the deletion of a directoy was broken in
general. The change I just committed in r1765506 fixes the problem here
Can you confirm?
Yes, directory deletion is accepted if I choose (a) and merge completes successfully.

My point of mentioning the build artifacts was that without build artifact there is no conflict to begin with. So the question was, why does a presence of unversioned files in <dir> affect the tree conflict detection?

Regards,
Alexey.