On Sat, Mar 03, 2018 at 06:54:06PM +0100, Branko Čibej wrote:
> P.S.: Running tests now with the patched 1.10.x, will vote on the
> backport as soon as that's done. If it's approved, I believe we have to
> move our expected release date from 28th March to 4th April?

According to the flowchart posted elsewhere, the soak period only need
be extended if this had been found in the final week of the soak.

>From our docs on releasing:

    The stabilization period begins with a release candidate tarball with
    the version A.B.0-rc1. Further release candidate tarballs may be made as
    blocking bugs are fixed;
    Under some circumstances, the stabilization period will be extended:

    * If a potentially destabilizing change must be made in order to fix a
      bug, the entire four-week stabilization period is restarted.
    * If a critical bugfix is made during the final week of the
      stabilization period, the final week is restarted. The final A.B.0
      release is always identical to the release candidate made one week
      before (with the exceptions discussed below).

I don't see anything about this bug that would require extending the
soak.

Cheers,
--
James
GPG Key: 4096R/91BF BF4D 6956 BD5D F7B7  2D23 DFE6 91AE 331B A3DB