Den ons 26 maj 2021 kl 17:08 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>:

> Nathan Hartman wrote on Wed, 26 May 2021 11:02 +00:00:
> > Should we announce (and is it appropriate to do so) the change of venue
> > on our announce@s.a.o list?
>
> I don't think it's important enough for announce@, but we could mention
> it on /index.html, /news.html, on dev@ + users@, and wherever there are
> links to IRC (including the book).

I can draft a short news item and put it on staging. I think it should be
low key ("we have decided to move"), or does someone think we should make a
statement ("we move because XXX is a [insert suitable invective]")?

The SVN book seems to contain "freenode" only in the sample repository
(which is a copy of the README file in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk/README).

Speaking of the README. Would someone like to fix it? It is formally out of
scope for me but I suppose it would go under obvious-fix rules (related to
the website changes).

Kind regards,
Daniel