Den mån 28 mars 2022 kl 13:29 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2022 at 3:55 AM Daniel Sahlberg <
> daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This commit doesn't look correct.
>>
>> I executed the generate-upcoming-changes-log.sh manually yesterday and it
>> created r1899244, removing a lot of log entries belonging to 1.14.1. This
>> commit (which was executed by cron) restores them.
>>
>> The crontab entry is:
>> [[[
>> # Puppet Name: Update our upcoming changes list
>> SVN=svn
>> 15 4 * * * chronic ~/src/svn/site/tools/generate-upcoming-changes-log.sh
>> ]]]
>>
>> The script begins with a comment
>> [[[
>> # This should be run from the root of a branches/1.{9,10,11}.x working
>> copy.
>> ]]]
>>
>> I suppose the crontab command should be changed to:
>> cd ~/src/svn/1.14.x && chronic
>> ~/src/svn/site/tools/generate-upcoming-changes-log.sh
>>
>> However that will create an "upcoming" only for 1.14 and not for 1.10.
>> Any thoughts
>>

> We don't really have a place on the release notes page for "upcoming" for
> two different major lines. For now it probably makes sense to show it for
> 1.14.x only, but when 1.15 is released we'll have to decide whether to show
> "upcoming" for just 1.15 or separately for 1.14 and 1.15.

(y)

It should be fairly simple to run the script twice (with a version
argument) and generate two separate upcoming.$VERSION.part.html and
referencing from the website. I feel this being an itch for me and I'll see
if I can find some time to scratch for 1.10 and 1.14. It might be good to
have a framework for the future even if 1.10 is approaching EOL.

> Regarding things disappearing and reappearing, some time ago I noticed
> that if an error occurs in the script, such as it can't reach the repo,
> then it fails to generate any text but proceeds to commit unconditionally.
> I don't remember if that was ever fixed.

I saw that as well but in this case there are merges from 2020 showing up
in "upcoming". These changes were part of 1.14.1.

I'll try again to run the script manually, noting the `cwd` each time and
see what happens. There may be some spurious commit messages while I'm
doing this.

I'll also try to figure out what to do in case of problems reaching the
repo.

Kind regards,
Daniel