Den tors 31 mars 2022 kl 16:12 skrev Daniel Sahlberg <
daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>:

> Den tors 31 mars 2022 kl 15:45 skrev Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 09:21:58AM -0400, Nathan Hartman wrote:

>> > Let me rephrase that question: How do I manually trigger it so we
>> > don't have to wait for the cron job?
>>

> I'm guessing you figured out how to run the script! Did you use the Perl
> or the Python variation? I'm curious if the Python script is more powerful
> and better at handling merge failures.
>
> Could you also do it also in the 1.10.x branch?

I did this myself, using the Python version:

dsg@daniel-2022:~/svn_1.10.x$
../svn_trunk/tools/dist/merge-approved-backports.py

(The path setups I have are slightly different from the ones on svn-qavm
detailed below).

> For the benefit of the list, this is how it is executed by cron (expecting
> to have the active branches checked out in ~/src/svn/1.10.x,
> ~/src/svn/1.14.x etc. and also trunk checked out as ~/src/svn/trunk):
>
> for i in ~/src/svn/1.*.x; do cd $i && $SVN up -q --non-interactive &&
> YES=1 MAY_COMMIT=1 ../trunk/tools/dist/backport.pl; done

As far as I can see, the backports from the Perl and the Python versions
look identical.

Does anyone have strong feeling regarding using one or the other on
svn-qavm? Does either version have an advantage with regards to running it
more often?

One thing to note is that merge-approved-backports.py have no interactive
features. But I think it you are expected to run the other Python scripts
to get the equivalent functionality.

Kind regards,
Daniel