Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Mon, 02 May 2022 20:12 +00:00:
> Thanks to everyone for discussing this and moving it forward! I'm sorry I
> wasn't able to be more active last week but life got in the way.
>
> One small point below...
>
> Den lör 30 apr. 2022 kl 00:04 skrev <danie...@apache.org>:
> [...]
>> their
>> +initial release.  For instance, 1.15.x will supported until four years
>> after
>> +the announcement of 1.15.0.</p>
>>

> Should we really declare 1.15 an LTS release at this stage?

No.  Deciding whether 1.15 should be LTS or Regular deserves a thread of
its own.  As far as this thread is concerned, the documentation should
reflect the status quo: that it has not been decided yet whether 1.15
will be LTS or Regular.

Good catch.

If someone could please update the text staging/ that would be great.

> I would also suggest to remove the "Transition to LTS and Regular
> Releases"
> section (
> https://subversion-staging.apache.org/roadmap.html#transition-lts-regular-releases)
> since it seems to concern the fixed-time release schedule. I can do
> this,
> just wanting to check that I don't missread something.

The description of what we backport is "general backports and thereafter
high priority fixes" in this section, and "high priority issues such as
… and sometimes also other issues" in the section above.  We might want
to clarify the "other issues" part of the latter sentence when we delete
this section.

Also, might want to explicitly spell out that 1.10 is now EOL: someone
might think that 1.10 would be supported with security fixes until the
LTS _after 1.14_ is released, as that would have been the case under our
pre-1.11 policy if there hadn't been Regular releases at all.

Also, to answer your question in the OP, we'll want to remove 1.10 from
the download page and from dist/release/.

Cheers,

Daniel