Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Sat, 07 May 2022 18:37 +00:00:
> Den lör 7 maj 2022 kl 14:17 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>:
>
>> Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Sat, 07 May 2022 09:53 +00:00:
>> > I've committed the changes in r1900649.
>>
>> I wonder if this merits a news entry on /index.html?  Just "1.10.x is
>> EOL; please upgrade to 1.14".
>>

> Good point. I also considered this, but I couldn't find any other release
> being announced EOL so I elected to not do this. I'm open to reconsider!

Until today, most releases that have gone EOL did so either by virtue of
a subsequent .0 release being made (1.0 through 1.8) or at about the
same time as a subsequent .0 release being made (1.11 through 1.13
inclusive).  In either case, at about the time of a release's going EOL
there would have been a news entry (and announce@ post, and possibly
a press release) about the new release, and the new release's release
notes would have pointed out, at the very end, that previous releases
were EOL'ed by the new release. So, to someone who knew our "support two
release lines" policy, EOLings were very visible.

As to 1.9, I don't think we made a conscious decision _not_ to make
a news entry pointing out that 1.9 went EOL, either.

> There will be a bunch of further changes, for example the download page.
> I'll commit to staging first and encourage review (it is getting late
> here...) and will merge to publish later.

Thanks for doing the legwork :)

Daniel