On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 6:13 PM Karl Fogel <kfo...@red-bean.com> wrote:

> Hi, all.  This is a high-level mail in which I try to figure out
> the current status of the issue #525 work and what's left to land
> it in trunk and release it.  Corrections and feedback welcome.

Thanks for the overview and the work already done to make this
possible!

The P-O-D feature itself works.

What's left to do for a first release, IMHO:

(1) Decide on user-facing names for the feature and its command line
switch(es).

(2) Resolve the [TODO] that Karl mentions (decoupling the compatible
version switch from the i525pod switch).

Though there are many other possible enhancements, some of them touched
upon in Karl's message, I think these two items are the only really
crucial ones for a first release.

I have much to say on both of these but I won't go into detail yet
because that would hijack the thread away from the high-level topic of:
what remains to be done for initial viable product? I'd like to give
others a chance to respond before we dive down the rabbit hole. :-)

It's better if each of the above becomes a thread devoted to that
topic.

I'll point out that some initial release note text was drafted at [1].

Cheers,
Nathan

[1]
https://subversion-staging.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.15.html#bare-working-copies