Den ons 29 nov. 2023 kl 06:55 skrev Daniel Sahlberg <
daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com>:

> ons 29 nov. 2023 kl. 05:57 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
> >:
>
>> The backport bot (svn-role) normally runs nightly but the most recent
>> backport approval has been waiting in 1.14.x/STATUS for a couple of
>> days now.
>>
>> I went ahead and merged it manually (with
>> tools/dist/merge-approved-backports.py). This did the right thing, so
>> I assume there wasn't any syntax error in STATUS.
>>
>> I don't have access to svn-qavm1 so I can't check why it didn't happen
>> automatically. Maybe someone with access could check if the machine is
>> at least running...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nathan
>

> I’ll check later today

Now I've spent some time looking.

The backports is a cron job running at 04.00 UTC so it isn't really a bot
that is running in the background. As far as I could see it was started
successfully every day for the last week, but there were no real logs
around what happened. It SHOULD have succeeded as far as I can tell.

One difference is that the backport "bot" is using backport.pl instead of
the Python backport implementation. Don't know if there was a subtle
difference in STATUS that caused backport.pl to barf while packport.py
succeeded.

Lets keep our eyes open for the next backport.

Kind regards,
Daniel