Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:00 +00:00:
> Den ons 29 nov. 2023 kl 17:25 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>>:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 8:40 AM Daniel Sahlberg
>> <daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:

That was r1914201, I take it.

>> > Now I've spent some time looking.
>> >
>> > The backports is a cron job running at 04.00 UTC so it isn't really a
>> bot that is running in the background. As far as I could see it was started
>> successfully every day for the last week, but there were no real logs
>> around what happened. It SHOULD have succeeded as far as I can tell.
>> >
>> > One difference is that the backport "bot" is using backport.pl instead
>> of the Python backport implementation. Don't know if there was a subtle
>> difference in STATUS that caused backport.pl to barf while packport.py
>> succeeded.
>> >
>> > Lets keep our eyes open for the next backport.
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> > Daniel
>>

>> Thanks for checking!
>>
>> Based on when upcoming.part.html was last updated, I assume
>> site/tools/upcoming.py is run by another cron job at 04.15 UTC; it
>> looks like I manually merged the backport a little bit after it ran
>> last night, so I'll watch to see if it shows up in upcoming.part.html
>> tonight...
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Nathan
>>

> Upcoming worked well tonight so I guess there might been something in the
> STATUS file that prevented automated backport. If it fails again tonight
> (with the new nominations), I'd like to check running packport.pl manually.

It was probably the «*» at the start of line 2.

To prevent recurrence, options include (1) make the cron job use the .py
implementation; (2) add a regression test to backport_tests.py [sic] and
then fix backport.pl's parsing.

Glad to see backport.py being used :-)

Daniel