Den tors 25 apr. 2024 kl 12:30 skrev Khairul Azhar Kasmiran <
kaza...@gmail.com>:

> Oops sorry I should have used a raw string. Patch reattached.
>
> [[[
> Make svn_apply_autoprops.py Windows-compatible.
>
> * contrib/client-side/svn_apply_autoprops.py: Add default Windows
> Subversion configuration path.
> (process_autoprop_lines): Use `ON` instead of `*` for boolean properties.
> (filter_walk): Replace `os.spawnvp()` with `subprocess.call()`.
> ]]]
>
> -- Khairul
>
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2024 at 6:18 PM Khairul Azhar Kasmiran
> <kaza...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks everyone for the comments!
> >
> > > * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config
> >
> > I think reading from this registry key should be done in a different
> > patch (probably not done by me) since it significantly complicates
> > matters.
> >
> > > To make the script compatible with Windows needs to change the reading
> configurations.
> >
> > I agree and in fact I've been using the `--config` option which is
> > definitely not optimal (but only needs to be done once). I've attached
> > an updated version of the patch that reads from
> > %APPDATA%\Subversion\config on Windows.

I think the new version is an improvement on the existing but I'd like to
try it out for myself before giving a formal +1. The script is in contrib,
so I don't think the fact that there are usecases where it DOESN'T work
should prevent it from being improved.

I still have one question, in an earlier e-mail you wrote that it was
tested under Python 2.7. Any reason to keep it at this version instead of
making the necessary changes to support Python 3? Python 3 is available on
Microsoft Store so it is almost part of the OS.

(I think this change and Python3 compatibility should be two separate
commits, but I'd like to raise the question).

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg