Le 03/09/2012 21:48, Martti Kühne a écrit :
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:46 PM, Martti Kühne<mysat...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM, Julien Richefeu<jice...@free.fr>  wrote:
Hello,

I am using both last git release dvtm with st on two different computer
under debian testing up to date.

On some reason dvtm wotk like a charm on the first computer but have tricky
behavior (bad display with repeted or missing characters while typing,
colors are missing) on the second.

More, when I use dvtm with another terminal emulator (terminator , xterm,
xfce terminal) on the second computer, dvtm works perfectly.

I investigate the issue (check for the version, dependencies, ...) without
finding any clues.

Is someone has on idea on this one?

A couple of questions which you seem not to consider:
Do you have different LANG/encoding especially, TERM env or font?
Is st's version exactly the same on both or what versions are installed?
Does the same difference apply to other terminals eg. xterm?

cheers!
mar77i
Taking a minute longer, yes st seems to be a different version.
What st version exactly is it that is bad?

Hi Martti,

Yes you have right, some explanations are missing:
1/ dvtm work well with another terminal emulator (xterm or xfce terminal) on the same computer that has issue with st. 2/ on both computer (one that works with st and the other), language, font and shell configuration are the same. 3/ on both computer dvtm ans st configuration are the same and are the default one. 4/ the st version installed on both computer is the last git relase compiled on the computer (I do not try to copy binaries and execute it on the other computer, I will try it). The version is from commit beecb162e346c328db2a7ff1c0574352fe0ebebc.

Julien