Nice, I'm almost done with my implementation and it looks like our stuff is
compatible and we haven't done much duplicate work....

I didn't really do anything server side, check out my code that add a
annotation layer to the d3.svg...

https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/pull/3518/files

Let me know what you think.