Hi all,
during a recent chat I had with the good Sergey (on another topic), I have found that the JAX-RS's standard WebApplicationException (and child exceptions) are handled by CXF, according to the specs, via WebApplicationExceptionMapper [1].

Syncope's RestServiceExceptionMapper, however, contains some code [2] to manage such exceptions, which is never going to be triggered, at this point.

Please consider that this affects both 1.2 and 2.0.

IMO, we should either:

 (a) remove [2] and let CXF do its work according to the specs
(b) set the 'default.wae.mapper.least.specific' (which is false by default) to delegate WebApplicationException to [2]

WDYT?
Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/3.1.x-fixes/rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/impl/WebApplicationExceptionMapper.java [2] https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/core/rest-cxf/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/rest/cxf/RestServiceExceptionMapper.java#L102-L110

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/