Hi All,

I just  This in ref to the thread using new id so can't reply to thread
"[DISCUSS] R-Interface to SystemML"

Thanks Deron and Matthias and Niketon for the feedback.

I will create the official proposal next week and send the details.

I will have some emails now.

Here I am just copy pasting the main points by individuals in the stack order

Matthis
----------
* Looking over the github repo, apparently R4ML is not under active
development/maintenance anymore (last commit Jul 20). So who would be
willing to maintain and extend it?

* Providing wrappers for our algorithm scripts would be just a start
because it hides our core value proposition of custom large-scale ML.
Hence, we would also need an MLContext equivalent that allows to execute
arbitrary DML scripts or R functions. Is there already a tentative design
of such an API and if not, who would like to take it over?

Deron
--------
Perhaps R4ML committers could supply a little more info? For instance:
> 1) Would they like to merge R4ML code into the main SystemML project
> itself? (Currently we have no modules.)
> 2) What would they like to merge?
> 3) If so, how do they propose to do so?
> 4) Who will do the majority of the work to add R4ML code to SystemML? Or
> who would like to volunteer to do this?
> 5) Who will maintain the contributed code? Or who would like to volunteer
> to do this?
> 6) Documentation is needed (fit in SystemML documentation framework).
> 7) Testing is needed (fit into SystemML testing framework).
> 8) How is this packaged?

Niketan

Also, comparing the features of R4ML with that of our Python APIs will be
useful as it might make a stronger case for R4ML.

Alok