thanks for the context Jeremy - that helps. I also had an offline
conversion with Sasha and he pointed me to a script that does exactly
that (iterative invert_lower_triangular) combined with a parfor over
independent blocks. We'll merge these scripts soon and I'll reach out
individually as necessary. Thanks everybody for now.

Regards,
Matthias