In this instance, I would assume an AbstractMethodError would be thrown when calling the new method: ComponentResources.getBoundGenericType(paramName) This would only occur in third party bindings / propertyConduits that don't extend core (internal) implementations. IMHO these exceptions are likely to be rare as hen's teeth ;)
And the exception would only be thrown if the new method is called (e.g. via ComponentResources) which is only the case for new code. So a problem occurs only if new code uses old bindings. Old code that uses old bindings would still work without problems. If I have a voice, I vote for API change in this cases. This is better to have Binding2, Binding2, BindingN (imagine what once would happen if some binding implements Binding 1,2,4 but not 3 ;-) ).

Do you think the feature could make it in the new beta?

Kind Regards,
Michael.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards