As I understand it the Typescript compiler is written Typescript, which can
be compiled to JavaScript, and then that compiled compiler can be run in
any compliant JavaScript engine, including Rhino that Tapestry already
employs as well as the Nashorn engine built into Java 8. So it should be
possible. Maybe not easy, but possible.