On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 5:39 PM Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<thiag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. And/or maybe have a new configuration symbol for jQuery file
> location with the default being the current location.

Somehow I overlooked Peter's great point above, so I'd say Tapestry
should definitely have a symbol so the user can choose any version of
jQuery they want or need. This would help implement his idea of
automatically using jQuery 3.6.1 when the Bootstrap 4 trait is used.
Or switch the default jQuery to be 3.6.1 and have a jquery-1
infrastructure or trait that automatically makes Tapestry use jQuery
1.12.x, plus documenting this in release notes and other pages
mentioning JavaScript and jQuery.

Regarding jquery-migrate, it's easy to add something to the core
JavaScript stack and have it automatically included everywhere JS is
used, so I think we should document that and we don't have to have
configurations for that.

--
Thiago