Github user jeking3 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/thrift/pull/1474

    In general I frown upon adding test-only values in production code (like
"injected failure").  That said I see no reason for us not to incorporate these
into the core.  Do we really need to ask for permission to add three additional
error codes from fbthrift?  This may not have properly gotten every language
(Common Lisp comes to mind, as it's an open PR).

    It's too bad we don't define the list of error codes in Thrift and then
compile them for every language to use... it would ensure uniformity across
languages...

---