On 2021/05/20 09:07:16, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
..
> > I am not aware of any such service (or tool) that is provided by ASF
> > to the projects to host the meetings...
>
> I think this is changing, our conferences team might soon be able to
> provide conferencing services for projects to host virtual events.

Our conferences platform (Hopin - where we ran ApacheCon) is ideal for things
that look like conferences - multi-presentation, possibly multi-day. There are
tools for "audience" interaction, but it is primarily a presenter/audience
dynamic.

Which is not a "no", but that 1) it might not be the right tool for a community
meeting and 2) it might not be cost-effective for a monthly/weekly meeting kind
of scenario. Each "event" is a standalone thing, and each iteration of the
meeting would have to be created, separately, as an "event", and people would
have to register for *that* event. That is, each person has to register (and I
have to pay) each week/month.