Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/426

    I typically prefer JUnit for all simple assertions except for `assertTrue`
and `assertFalse`. Those two really stink compared to hamcrest and
`assertThat(something(), is(true))` or `assertThat(something(), is(false))`
because they print better output than the former that makes it easier to
immediately see the problem with the assertion on failure. I convert those
`assertTrue` and `assertFalse` as I see opportunity to do so. I also use
hamcrest when the assertion logic is complex and there is a better simple one
liner operation with hamcrest that makes the assertion more readable with a
cleaner output message than junit.  So, no, I don't think we have to prefer
Hamcrest to Junit across the board, but we should consider it when it produces
a more readable output or more readable code.

---
with INFRA.
---