Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/478

    > I think that, instead of doing blocking calls like fn.apply() on a thread
pool, we could expose a fully async API. Something like toListAsync() that
returns a CompletableFuture<List<T>>.

    Could you please clarify a bit - What makes `toListAsync()` more "fully
async" compared to `promise(traversal::toList)`? Internally, from a Java
perspective anyway, `toListAsync()` does the same thing, doesn't it?

---
with INFRA.
---