The docs might be a a little misleading in that you can't run a specific
single test method - the instructions are meant for you to run a single
test case (i.e. the tests within PageRankVertexProgramTest). I did a quick
test and doing the following resulted in just PageRankVertexProgramTest
executing:

$ export
GREMLIN_TESTS='org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.process.computer.ranking.pagerank.PageRankVertexProgramTest'
$ mvn clean install -pl :tinkergraph-gremlin
-Dtest=TinkerGraphProcessComputerTest

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
[INFO]  T E S T S
[INFO] Running
org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.tinkergraph.process.TinkerGraphProcessComputerTest
[INFO] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
0.872 s - in
org.apache.tinkerpop.gremlin.tinkergraph.process.TinkerGraphProcessComputerTest
[INFO]
[INFO] Results:
[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0