yeah - back to 3 branches for a while. i didn't have any intent to suggest we EOL 3.2.x at this point. though perhaps in the release after this one we consider going to a "bugs only" policy on tp32? not really sure yet....and don't think we need to decide that at this juncture.
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM, Robert Dale <robd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Will we be maintaining 3 branches or are you planning on EOLing 3.2? > > Robert Dale > > On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Daniel Kuppitz <m...@gremlin.guru> wrote: > > > I was going to start this discussion today. Yesterday I pushed a fix for > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1777, which includes > major > > breaking changes for a lot of reducing barrier steps, hence a branch for > > 3.4 which allows breaking changes will be a welcome addition. > > > > Cheers, > > Daniel > > > > > > On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:06 AM, Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com> > > wrote: > > > > > I know we're only 2 releases deep into 3.3.0, but I think I'd like to > > > propose that we create the tp33 branch and set up master for > > > 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT. I don't have any particular major features in mind that > > > need to get done, but in going through our backlog I've come across a > > good > > > many issues that require a breaking change to resolve. I'd like to > start > > > tinkering on those as time permits. > > > > > > If there are no objections in the next 72 hours (Saturday, February 2, > > > 2018, 7am EST), I'll assume lazy consensus and move forward with the > > setup > > > for 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Stephen > > > > > >