I've set up the tp33 branch. Our git flow is now tp32 merges to tp33 which
in turn merges to master. The master branch has been updated to
3.4.0-SNAPSHOT and the initial java artifacts are currently being deployed.
JIRA has the new 3.4.0 version in it. So...i guess that means 3.4.0 is open
for business. Note that I checked to see if there were any open PRs against
"master" and didn't see any so I don't think any PRs need to be rebased.

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 3:17 PM, Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> yeah - back to 3 branches for a while. i didn't have any intent to suggest
> we EOL 3.2.x at this point. though perhaps in the release after this one we
> consider going to a "bugs only" policy on tp32? not really sure yet....and
> don't think we need to decide that at this juncture.
>
> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:29 PM, Robert Dale <robd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Will we be maintaining 3 branches or are you planning on EOLing 3.2?
>>
>> Robert Dale
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Daniel Kuppitz <m...@gremlin.guru> wrote:
>>
>> > I was going to start this discussion today. Yesterday I pushed a fix for
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-1777, which includes
>> major
>> > breaking changes for a lot of reducing barrier steps, hence a branch for
>> > 3.4 which allows breaking changes will be a welcome addition.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Daniel
>> >
>> >
>> > On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 5:06 AM, Stephen Mallette <spmalle...@gmail.com
>> >
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > > I know we're only 2 releases deep into 3.3.0, but I think I'd like to
>> > > propose that we create the tp33 branch and set up master for
>> > > 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT. I don't have any particular major features in mind
>> that
>> > > need to get done, but in going through our backlog I've come across a
>> > good
>> > > many issues that require a breaking change to resolve. I'd like to
>> start
>> > > tinkering on those as time permits.
>> > >
>> > > If there are no objections in the next 72 hours (Saturday, February 2,
>> > > 2018, 7am EST), I'll assume lazy consensus and move forward with the
>> > setup
>> > > for 3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.
>> > >
>> > > Thanks,
>> > >
>> > > Stephen
>> > >
>> >
>>
>
>

Reply via email to