> I guess he just said "new images for older versions"
> because these images do not exist yet. But once they're there, nobody
would
> ever update them again.

Actually, I understood Jean-Baptiste's original remark on that topic as
if he wanted to really deploy new images for older versions every time
we change something about the Dockerfile to also get new features into
older versions:

> I think we'd somehow need to find a way to redeploy all images if we
> tweak/improve the Dockerfile in a way that makes sense to also redeploy
> prior images, and not just the latest releases.

This would work by creating a new image for an old version (like 3.2.5)
and tag that as 3.2.5. The older image that we deployed originally when
3.2.5 was released wouldn't have that tag anymore. That way, users could
use new features we added for our Docker images also with older
TinkerPop versions, for example better options to configure the server.

However, this approach would require us to grab build artifacts for
older TinkerPop versions and put them in a new Docker image. That would
make the build and deployment certainly a bit more difficult as we can't
simply take the build artifacts from the target directory for those
older versions. We could of course download them as they are already
deployed, but then we need a different Docker build and deployment for
older versions than for the most recent one (since we can't download the
artifacts for the most recent one from somewhere as they aren't deployed
at that point).