Github user mattallenuk commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/889

    @spmallette, sorry, my apologies, haven't been able to look at this much
over the last few days. Have some time planned nearer end of the week to
progress this. I have Maven working but when I run the tests I get 2 issues.

    1) On DriverRemoteConnection test I get an error:

    [ERROR] Could not deserialize the Traversal instance
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not locate method:
GraphTraversalSource.SYNTAX_ERROR()

    2) On my DriverRemoteConnectionWithSaslAuthenticator test I get a timeout:

    1) DriverRemoteConnectionWithSaslAuthenticator
    [INFO]        "before all" hook:
    [INFO]      Uncaught Error: socket hang up
    [INFO]       at TLSSocket.onHangUp (_tls_wrap.js:1124:19)
    [INFO]       at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:974:12)
    [INFO]       at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:80:11)
    [INFO]       at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)

    My code to connect to the server is as follows:

    ```
    exports.getSecureConnectionWithAuthenticator = function
getConnection(traversalSource) {
      const authenticator = new SaslAuthenticator({ username: 'stephen',
password: 'password' });
      return new DriverRemoteConnection('wss://localhost:45941/gremlin', {
traversalSource: traversalSource, authenticator: authenticator,
rejectUnauthorized: false });
    };
    ```

    Is the problem here?