Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:53 AM, Remy Maucherat wrote:

Jim Jagielski wrote:

I agree that the change is a big benefit, and for
most OSs we care about, SO_REUSEADDR is available.
The APR call should gracefully fail...
I'll plug this in later on today after some edge-case tests.

In AprEndpoint, there are a lot of Socket.optSet(serverSock, Socket.APR_SO_REUSEADDR, 1);

Yes, the only rub is that for reasons I'm trying to remind myself
why, we do the setting before the bind under non-Windows, and
afterwards on Windows...

If you SO_REUSEADDR before on win32, you will share any existing port
that's previously opened by any other application.  Not cool :)

Bill