> Version 1.2.1 includes the following changes:
> - Fix to enable 1.2.x to work with Tomcat releases that do not have
>   the SNI callback implemented on the Java side
>
> The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.1 is
>  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
>  [ ] Broken because of ...

Interim results.  Testing 7.0.x (@r1712220) with Java 8u66 (32-bit)

   [concat] Testsuites with failed tests:
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.authenticator.TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.APR.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.authenticator.TestSSOnonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.APR.txt
   [concat]
TEST-org.apache.catalina.authenticator.TestSSOnonLoginAndDigestAuthenticator.APR.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.APR.txt
   [concat] TEST-org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.APR.txt

1) All 3 authenticator tests are failing in an odd way:

I guess that there is a change in Java 8 HttpURLConnection so that
tests in Tomcat 7 became incorrect.

IIRC somebody mentioned that there is some security feature protecting
access tor request headers, and it can be turned off by some option.

Testcase: testBasicLoginRejectProtectedWithSession took 0,265 sec
    Caused an ERROR
Illegal character(s) in message header field: Cookie:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character(s) in message
header field: Cookie:
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.checkMessageHeader(HttpURLConnection.java:489)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.isExternalMessageHeaderAllowed(HttpURLConnection.java:459)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.setRequestProperty(HttpURLConnection.java:3018)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.methodUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:648)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:625)
    at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:619)
    at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.doTestNonLogin(TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.java:419)
    at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.testBasicLoginRejectProtectedWithSession(TestNonLoginAndBasicAuthenticator.java:401)

2) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL

An odd "SKIPPED" line and a failed test.

Regarding 'SKIPPED' line maybe it is solved by replacing
s/getConnector().getProtocol()
  /getConnector().getProtocolHandlerClassName() /
like done elsewhere.

Testcase: testBug56032 took 0,29 sec
    SKIPPED: Skip this test on BIO. TODO: investigate options to make
it pass with HTTP BIO connector
Testcase: testBug56032 took 0,296 sec
Testcase: testConnectToServerEndpointSSL took 63,823 sec
    FAILED
expected:<100000> but was:<0>
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: expected:<100000> but was:<0>
    at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.testConnectToServerEndpointSSL(TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.java:92)

3) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer

Testcase: testConnectToServerEndpointSSL took 10,852 sec
    FAILED
null
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError
    at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.testConnectToServerEndpointSSL(TestWsWebSocketContainer.java:815)

All other tests are OK.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko