Mark,

On 11/2/15 4:04 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Version 1.2.1 includes the following changes:
> - Fix to enable 1.2.x to work with Tomcat releases that do not have
>   the SNI callback implemented on the Java side
>
> The proposed release artefacts can be found at [1],
> and the build was done using tag [2].
>
> The Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.1 is
>  [ ] Stable, go ahead and release
>  [ ] Broken because of ...
>

> [1]
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.2.1/
> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/native/tags/TOMCAT_NATIVE_1_2_1

I'm unsure of how to interpret these unit test failures, so I'll just
report them and you can tell me if they can safely be ignored.

Environment: Tomcat 8.0.28, OpenSSL 1.0.1e (Debian, includes back-ported
security fixes), tcnative 1.2.1rc

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestSsl.APR.txt
Testcase: testKeyPass took 0.362 sec
        Caused an ERROR
Unexpected end of file from server
java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:792)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:647)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:789)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:647)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1535)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1440)
        at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:338)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.methodUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:668)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:640)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:634)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:623)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.TomcatBaseTest.getUrl(TomcatBaseTest.java:617)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TestSsl.testKeyPass(TestSsl.java:87)

Testcase: testRenegotiateWorks took 0.012 sec
        SKIPPED: SSL renegotiation has to be supported for this test

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.APR.txt
Testcase: testBug56032 took 83.172 sec
        FAILED
No error reported by Endpoint when timeout was expected
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: No error reported by Endpoint when
timeout was expected
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.testBug56032(TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.java:142)

Testcase: testConnectToServerEndpoint took 0.275 sec
        Caused an ERROR
The HTTP request to initiate the WebSocket connection failed
javax.websocket.DeploymentException: The HTTP request to initiate the
WebSocket connection failed
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.connectToServer(WsWebSocketContainer.java:364)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.connectToServer(WsWebSocketContainer.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.testConnectToServerEndpoint(TestWebSocketFrameClientSSL.java:66)
Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected Status of SSLEngineResult
after an unwrap() operation
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.AsyncChannelWrapperSecure$WrapperFuture.get(AsyncChannelWrapperSecure.java:508)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.processResponse(WsWebSocketContainer.java:607)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.connectToServer(WsWebSocketContainer.java:316)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unexpected Status of
SSLEngineResult after an unwrap() operation
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.AsyncChannelWrapperSecure$ReadTask.run(AsyncChannelWrapperSecure.java:313)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.APR.txt

Testcase: testConnectToServerEndpointSSL took 1.135 sec
        Caused an ERROR
The HTTP request to initiate the WebSocket connection failed
javax.websocket.DeploymentException: The HTTP request to initiate the
WebSocket connection failed
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.connectToServer(WsWebSocketContainer.java:364)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.WsWebSocketContainer.connectToServer(WsWebSocketContainer.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.TestWsWebSocketContainer.testConnectToServerEndpointSSL(TestWsWebSocketContainer.java:829)
[...]

Thanks,
-chris