On 03/18/2016 03:47 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 18/03/2016 14:44, jean-frederic clere wrote:
>> On 03/17/2016 09:00 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>>  [x] Alpha  - go ahead and release as 8.5.0
>>
>> I have failure in the following tests:
>> +++
>>    [concat]
>> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestCipher.NIO.txt
>>    [concat]
>> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestCipher.NIO2.txt
>>    [concat]
>> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestOpenSSLCipherConfigurationParser.NIO.txt
>>    [concat]
>> TEST-org.apache.tomcat.util.net.openssl.ciphers.TestOpenSSLCipherConfigurationParser.NIO2.txt
>> +++
>>
>> Basically that prevents my tests to go forward, it seems those tests are
>> just wrong as openssl might not have the cipher we have in JSSE and I
>> don't think that should be considered as an issue. I need to have a
>> closer look but the results seem to depend on openssl version.
>
> They do. Unless you are running with HEAD of one of the OpenSSL
> development branches, such failures are expected.

I think those tests will fail except the openssl is compiled with the
exact same flags you used and it will fail if anyone uses fips,
basically in my case they are failing because sslv2 is disabled.

Is there any easy way to skip those tests?

Otherwise I will look to skip them if openssl is a fips one and/or is
sslv2 or sslv3 is disabled, does that make sense?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic