Hi,

> Currently it is not possible to use
ServletInputStream.read/ServletOutputStream.write methods with ByteBuffer.
To enable such scenarios in Tomcat I would like to extend the Tomcat’s
internal implementation (CoyoteInputStream/CoyoteOutputStream). I already
did some refactoring in ByteChunk/CharChunk/SocketWrapperBase so that I can
introduce read/write with ByteBuffer. I executed Autobahn test suite to
check the performance impact after the refactoring and it showed no
performance regression. If there are no objections I want to commit these
changes in Tomcat 9 and Tomcat 8.5.x.

I introduced CoyoteOutputStream.write(ByteBuffer) it uses new methods with
ByteBuffer instead of ByteChunk.
Next step is to replace ByteChunk/CharChunk usage in CoyoteOutputStream
with ByteBuffer/CharBuffer thus I will switch to the new methods and all
CoyoteOutputStream.write method will use them.

Regards,
Violeta