Backporting some fixes and enhancements from TC trunk to 8.5.x would need to either require tcnative 1.2.14 or make the code more complex by catching UnsatisfiedLinkError etc. and converting into error messages.

I don't remember very well, how we handled this in the past. Are we willing to require a very fresh tcnative release in a stable branch, or should we make the backport more complex and keep it version compatible, or would we just postpone the backport until the tcnative version is deemed to be old enough to become the required one?

I would prefer the first option for simplicity, but it will not be the best for our users in terms of compatibility.

Regards,

Rainer