> The first draft of this is up.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TOMCAT/Git+migration
>
> Please add any issues either directly to that page or this thread.

1. I suspect that existing pull requests / issues at GitHub will be lost.

Maybe they will be kept for tomcat.git repository, but lost for all others.

At least we need to be prepared for the loss.

2. Maybe we need to further remove Tomcat from ReviewBoard.

I think that it is somehow linked to the svn repository.

A link from Tomcat site to it was removed in

https://reviews.apache.org/groups/tomcat/

3. Document how to deal with single git repository locally.

I guess that this is managed with "git worktree" command, but have
never used it and need some guidance.

4. Update "building" documentation in Tomcat X.Y.
Publish it? (Or wait for the next release, as usual.)

Update repository documentation on the main site,
http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html

A comment on migration script.

> # Add Tomcat 8.5x
> git remote add tomcat85 https://github.com/apache/tomcat85.git

I think the final recipe should use ASF repository url here, instead
of github one.

> # Make svn read only
> # Turn off the svn / git mirror
> # Switch to 'github as master'

One need to check that recent svn commits have been successfully
synced to git first, before stopping the mirroring. (With Tomcat 6.0.x
I sometimes observed a delay of ~30 minutes.)

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko