On 11/12/17 15:27, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:54 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 06/12/17 11:30, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> On 06/12/17 10:34, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>>
>> <snip/>

>> <snip/>
>>
>>> Sounds good. And it can be tested without impacting on any of the
>>> current public repos. I'll try it out and report back.
>>
>> I've tested this with trunk and 8.5.x. and it works well. It is also
>> very quick. Much better than my original plan. We would be able to add
>> the older branches to the existing git mirror of trunk. That would make
>> the process something like:
>>
>> - make svn read-only for trunk, 8.5.x, 8.0.x and 7.0.x
>> - disable svn->git mirroring
>> - make git for trunk read/write (we could switch to github as the master
>>   at the same time)
>> - merge in branches for 8.5.x, 8.0.x and 7.0.x
>> - clean-up tags
>> - update CI systems, web pages etc for new locations
>> - move trunk, 8.5.x, 8.0.x and 7.0.x to the archive
>>
>> Before we do this, there are a number of points we should think about.
>> You listed a couple below. There are others on some older threads on
>> this topic.
>>
>> I suggest we write up (I'm happy to start it) a list of potential issues
>> and solutions on the wiki and make sure we are happy with those
>> solutions before we migrate.
>>
> Do we get a "demo" repo to see the result ?

Because the plan above starts with the existing git mirror when we do
decide to migrate it will be directly on the live repo. However, I'm
happy to pull together a (read-only) demo git repo of what it would look
like based on a point in time snapshot. I should be able to do that this
week.

I also need to get that list of potential issues and solutions written up.