On 03/09/18 09:38, jean-frederic clere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a jar to laod the libraries in tomcat-native. I have
> noted that the examples don't compile and that the test directory is
> empty. I am planning to clean that and go for maven build for the new jar.
>
> Comments?

Odd. The examples compile for me - at least in the IDE anyway.

The test directory (like the main directory) looks to be an svn
external. There should be 4 classes in it.

I wonder if we wouldn't be better to drop the Java code from the native
project entirely (probably an idea for 2.x).

Thinking about some of our previous discussions, if we drop APR/native
from 10.x onwards and we reduce the native API in a 2.x down to only
what we use we might end up a very thin wrapper around OpenSSL that
exposed the small subset of OpenSSL functionality we use.

No strong views on which build system to use but I will say that Gradle
might be worth a look. I do think that a build system should either be
supported or completely removed. Having files lying around for old, no
longer used build systems just causes confusion.

I suspect there is a lot of cruft that needs to be removed as well. It
would be good to go through and have a good clean-up. I see references
to Netware in some files. Having just removed those from JK I'll take a
look at removing them from Native as well.