On 03/09/18 11:31, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Am 03.09.2018 um 11:41 schrieb Mark Thomas:

<snip/>

>> No strong views on which build system to use but I will say that Gradle
>> might be worth a look. I do think that a build system should either be
>> supported or completely removed. Having files lying around for old, no
>> longer used build systems just causes confusion.
>
> Which old build system do you mean? I thought it uses ant, just like
> Tomcat. Or do you mean the native autotools/make parts?

More that if the build system is switched to !Ant then make sure that
all the Ant parts are removed.

I'm less familiar with the native build bits although I do wonder if
there is merit in keeping the VS6 files given that:
- you can't get VS6 via MSDN
- it is ~20 years old
- we don't use Visual Studio to build the Windows binaries

On the other hand, for those that prefer to develop in Visual Studio
there may be merit in providing files for a more recent version.