Mark,

On 12/17/18 05:49, Mark Thomas wrote:

> <snip/>
>
>> I've got a signature problem with the Windows installer (see
>> below). Everything else seems okay. I'll hold my +1 until we sort
>> that out.
>
> Ah. That is probably my fault. I managed to kill the release build
> after it had completed the Windows installer signing so, rather
> than incrementing the version number and starting again (you can't
> sign the same version twice), I opted to call each of the remaining
> targets manually. I'm guessing I missed the part of the script that
> re-generates the GPG sig and hashes for the window installer after
> the installer had been signed for Windows.
>
> I keep the build directory structure for a release until I do the
> next release in case of issues like this so I'll take a look.
>
> [snip]
>
> Looking at the timestamps, I failed to update that hash and sig.
> Should be fixed now.

Sigs look good, now:

$ gpg --verbose --keyring ./apache-keys --no-default-keyring --verify
apache-tomcat-8.5.37.exe.asc apache-tomcat-8.5.37.exe
gpg: armor header: Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
gpg: Signature made Mon 17 Dec 2018 05:35:51 AM EST using RSA key ID
2F6059E7
gpg: using PGP trust model
gpg: Good signature from "Mark E D Thomas <ma...@apache.org>"
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
owner.
Primary key fingerprint: A9C5 DF4D 22E9 9998 D987  5A51 10C0 1C5A 2F60
59E7
gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA512

$ sha512sum -c apache-tomcat-8.5.37.exe.sha512
apache-tomcat-8.5.37.exe: OK

>> * Junit Tests: FAILED * Tests that failed: *
>> org.apache.catalina.session.TestStandardSessionIntegration.NIO.txt

I get this error in the above test:

>> 14-Dec-2018 17:06:54.042 SEVERE [main]
>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.start Unable
>> to start cluster receiver java.net.BindException: Cannot assign
>> requested address at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method) at
>> sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433) at
>> sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425) at
>> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:
223

)
>> at
>> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)
>> at
>> sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:67)
>> at
>> org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase.bind(ReceiverBase.j
ava

:205)

>> I'm not sure what address is being attempted there, but this
>> could be an environmental issue. Historically, I've had issues
>> with Tribes integration tests, though I have far fewer of them
>> these days. I used to think it was because of lack of multicast,
>> but it appears that multicast is indeed enabled.
>>
>> Re-running the test again also fails. Any ideas for what to look
>> for?
>
> There should be a log message that includes the address - I think
> before the exception you quote above. That might provide some
> clues.

Testsuite: org.apache.catalina.session.TestStandardSessionIntegration
Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 2.415 se
- ------------- Standard Error -----------------
16-Dec-2018 11:01:02.983 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.startup.LoggingBaseTest.setUp Starting test case
[testBug56578a]
16-Dec-2018 11:01:03.895 INFO [main]
org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol.init Initializing ProtocolHandler
["http-nio-127.0.0.1-auto-1"]
16-Dec-2018 11:01:03.935 INFO [main]
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioSelectorPool.getSharedSelector Using a
shared selector for servlet write/read
16-Dec-2018 11:01:03.970 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.startInternal Starting
service [Tomcat]
16-Dec-2018 11:01:03.970 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal Starting Servlet
Engine: Apache Tomcat/8.5.37
16-Dec-2018 11:01:03.990 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster.startInternal Cluster is
about to start
16-Dec-2018 11:01:04.189 INFO [main]
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReceiverBase.bind Unable to bind
server socket to:[/<my public ip>:4099] throwing error.
16-Dec-2018 11:01:04.190 SEVERE [main]
org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver.start Unable to
start cluster receiver
 java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
        at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)
        [...]

Is that / before the IP address correct?

The IP address <my public ip> is an IP address that can be used to
reach this EC2 instance (where I'm running the testing), but it's not
an IP address held by the actual VM, so that's probably the problem.
Is there a way to force the "localhost" IP address for these tests? It
needs to be 10.something.

- -chris